Thursday, February 27, 2014

Com12: Business Communications. Week 13: Reflection


During the course of this unit, I have gained an understanding of leadership styles, management roles, hierarchy, communication theories and styles, team dynamics and workplace ethics.

It was therapeutic for me personally to use critical thinking and reflect upon my employment history. I had forgotten many things, i.e., friendships I had formed, good and bad situations I had found myself in, but it helped me understand what is expected of a leader and their team.

I was able to compare my experiences with those of my student peers and it made me realise we all have bad days, bad managers and uncomfortable communication incidents but getting through them helps us grow and develop our own communication skills.

I found the topic of cultural communication very interesting and enjoyed reading stories from my peers about misunderstandings.

Some of my Independent Learning Tasks include replies from student peers. If I felt the replies were relevant to the conversation I left them in so the discussions are evident.

I'd like to say thank you to the teachers and markers for your expertise, support and guidance during this unit. I am confident my business communication skills have improved over the past three months.

Michelle Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment