Thursday, February 27, 2014

Com12: Business Communications. Week 5: Teams and organisational mapping

In the role I have just left - these are the member profiles:
  • The friendly helper was the senior staff member who had been there the longest. She was always approachable, always answered questions willingly and was motivational without being pushy.
  • The tough battler was the Manager. Being a black belt martial artist and hard-core business woman, she was assertive, bordering on aggressive. She never took 'no' for an answer and pressured the staff to work harder and faster on a regular basis. She set unrealistic targets which were often impossible to meet.
  • The logical thinker was myself. At team meetings I was always the one who sat quietly taking it all in, thinking how proposed changes would affect both me, my peers and the company.


Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment