Thursday, February 27, 2014

Com12: Business Communications. Week 7: Impromptu speech


I made an impromptu telephone speech to my local council last month. The main point (P) is that our street does not require No Standing signs. The reason we don't need them is because the bin collectors CAN fit down the street whilst our cars are parked on the kerb, contrary to what the council thinks. They have been fitting down the street longer than the 20 years we have lived here and the street is actually wider now than it used to be. I know the bin collectors fit down the street because (E) I've seen them do it thousands of times without any effort, and I've even spoken to one driver who says our cars are fine parked where they are - there is plenty of room. The ironic thing is the signs say No Standing between 9am and 3pm on a Tuesday (this is bin collection day) but most weeks the bin collectors come before 9am anyway...before we've had a chance to move our cars! And they fit!!! (P) I re-interate - we do NOT need the No Standing signs in our street because they are not necessary and we need to move our cars every week for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment